Cloudland Farm, LLC
Restaurant Environmental Policy
The Cloudland Farm Restaurant is committed to being a good steward of this earth and protecting the environment and the health and safety of our employees and the community in which we conduct our business. We are committed to meeting or exceeding all environmental regulatory requirements.
Our Environmental Practices Include:
- Growing all of our own meats and as much of the vegetables and berries as possible, as well as flowers for the dining room.
- Sourcing additional produce and ingredients from local farms and suppliers.
- Using paper “to-go” boxes.
- Maintaining a facility that is well insulated and efficient and which contains radiant floor heat supplied by an outdoor wood furnace.
- Recycling all cardboard, plastic and glass.
- Composting vegetable and other food waste & plant matter.
- Turning lights off when not in use or when daylight provides enough light in the kitchen for the chef to prep food without them.
- Utilizing energy efficient fluorescent lighting in our kitchen.
- Utilizing energy efficient refrigeration equipment.
- Using facial tissue and toilet tissue made from recycled paper in our restrooms.
- Using environmentally-friendly cleaners when possible
Updated December 2011